-
October 15th, 2001, 02:20 AM
#1
digvid
Guest
I was wondering if anyone here uses Regular 8. I know that you can get a Bolex H8 camera that will run 100' spools, resulting in a 200' roll after development. Is this film being phased out, or is it still available and affordable? Does anyone here have experience with the H8?
- digvid
------------------
-
October 15th, 2001, 02:41 AM
#2
Cheung
Guest
I recently bought a H8 but the camera didn't arrive yet.
John Schwind is selling CineChrome25 100' spool at $39, wittner kinotechnik and www.simplepix.com are selling regular 8, too.The film is still available , that's why I bought a H8.
BTW, I wonder 100' will result in 200' after processing or is it 400'?
Anybody?
------------------
-
October 15th, 2001, 11:59 AM
#3
Regular 8 Freak
Guest
A 100' Spool Unexposed Will Give 200' Total After Processing.
------------------
-
October 15th, 2001, 01:47 PM
#4
cameraguy
Guest
Kodak tried to phase out regular 8mm in 1991 by cancelling all the R8 products. Due to its 16mm width and simple spool loading design regular 8 users began special ordering film from Kodak to keep it going. BTW Cinechrome is actually Kodachrome 25 and that emulsion is being eliminated so by it now while supplies still last.
------------------
-
October 17th, 2001, 02:24 PM
#5
digvid
Guest
So some sort of regular 8 film will be around for a while? Do you mean that Kodak is still planning on filling special orders for regular 8 film? Also, is the film made from standard 16mm stock? If so, does this mean that you can have regular 8 made from any 16mm stock you choose?
- digvid
------------------
-
October 17th, 2001, 05:23 PM
#6
cameraguy
Guest
I believe you can order any 16mm film in bulk and perforate it yourself (if you have a perf machine). I am sure the stocks that John Schwind sells will continue except the Cinechrome25. What will be pursued as a low speed color replacement is the question I would like to know.
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks